Friday, January 11, 2013

Pre-PRE-gaming - Broncos Edition

I came to work in my Haloti Ngata jersey today so as to keep up my half of a pinkie-promise that Finance Guy Marshall and I had made last night. Guess who DIDN'T show up in his Broncos jersey?! You NEVER break a pinkie-promise, am I right? I also brought an extra, "professional" purple-and-black outfit to wear in case my Broncos fan boss didn't like my choice of attire; she ended up not caring! So I've been walking the halls and manning the front desk of work rockin' #92. Good day.

I haven't gotten as much crap from coworkers as I thought I would. Many of them ARE members of the Broncos loyal fan base, but we all understand that it's just a football game. My view going into the game: if we win: LOLOLOLOL PEYTON MANNING OH EM GEE WE MIGHT HAVE A SHOT AT THE SUPER BOWL AGAIN YOU GUYS. If we lose: I got to see Ray Lewis's last game in the NFL; that's a special moment.

Here's how my Broncos coworkers dressed up today, and here's the week's final retirement party picture.

Breaker of the pinkie-promise

Kristie, our Facilities lady, bleeds orange

I kept my Purple Power towel (waved at M&T Bank Stadium last season when we swept the Steelers) and Lyndsey's Broncos towels (waved at Mile High this year when they beat the Steelers) at my front desk for most of the morning. Shenanigans ensued.

I later decided to tape them to Shawn's wall. See, it's a subtle put-down of the Steelers.

Shawn's...special

Transcript:

Troy: "Broncos v Ravens? What's it going to come down to? A Ray Rice miracle play? A rookie kicker? A Peyton TD pass at the last minute?"
Ray: "CHINCHILLAS! WE'RE GONNA THROW THEM AT PEYTON! THEIR FUZZINESS WILL DISTRACT HIM, FORCING MISTAKES!"

No comments:

Post a Comment