Monday, August 6, 2012

The Great Healers


Because the picture quality is less than ideal (I was hurrying to take the picture before leaving, and it was taken on my camera-phone, as always), here is the dialogue transcript:

Ray: "HEY TROY! I SURE AM SORRY THAT I TORE BEN'S ROTATOR CUFF!"
Troy: "That's ok, Mr. Lewis. Tim Tebow & I laid hands on him, and now he's all better."
Ray: "COULD YOU FIX SIZZLE PLEASE?!"
Troy: "I'm afraid I can't do that, sir. My team wants to win this year."
Ray: "...Dang."

I think Ray is just *assuming* that he was the cause of Big Ben's injury, so I'd take his apology with a grain of salt.

Shawn approached me this morning and sternly told me that I should be "ashamed" for going against Troy's character. "He would NEVER lay hands on someone, and he would NEVER refuse to help someone just to win a football game!" While Shawn is absolutely correct, I just really liked the image I got in my head of Big Ben touching Troy's hair and being miraculously cured while Tim Tebow, standing in a halo of light, being sung to by angels, prayed for Ben's quick recovery. Out of respect to my colleague, however, I will do better in the future about maintaining continuity of the characters in our blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment